Looking for a Fathers Day cocktail that he will love? Here is something I whipped up yesterday afternoon.
Daniel really enjoys Smokey type drinks. I personally don’t care for them. But yesterday I made one that was really good and got 2 thumbs up and a lot of compliments. So I know it was good.
Cherry season has hit. And we have a bag full in the fridge. I muddled cherries, blackberries and jalapeño together. I used Mezcal and Cointreau. I also added some jalapeño simple syrup and a lime. It was a beautiful mix of summer in a glass.
This recipe makes 2.5 drinks
• 8 pitted cherries
• 4-6 good size blackberries
• 3-4 slices of jalapeño
• 100ml of Mezcal
• 50ml Cointreau
• 50ml jalapeño simple syrup (recipe below)
• 1.5 limes juices
• more cherries and blackberries for garnish
1) in a cocktail shaker muddle cherries, blackberries and jalapeño together. Do this until it starts become a juice.
2) Add all the liquid parts now to the shaker. Shake well and serve over ice. Don’t forget to add the extra who berries. Enjoy!
Jalapeño Simple Syrup
• 1-2 jalapeños sliced
• 1 cup of granulated sugar
• 1 cup of water
1) In a small sauce pan, add all the ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Cook until sugar is all dissolved. Make sure it stays clear and doesn’t turn golden. Remove from heat. Set aside until it cools. Store in a glass jar or container and keep in the fridge.
Note – will last up to one month.