Sometimes you just want an easy fresh salad that will take less then 30 mins to make. This salad is just that!
I LOVE Thai. It’s probably one of my favorites. The Flavors are just always so fresh. This Thai salad has quinoa as the base, loaded with a large amount of vegetables, dressed in a coconut peanut sauce and topped with avocado and sriracha with a squeeze of lime.
In the 15 mins it takes for the quinoa to cook, you chop up all your vegetables. Once the quinoa is finished cooking, place in a large bowl. Toss a few times to start the cooling process. I would wait about 15 mins after cooling before tossing the veggies in.
Once cooled, toss your veggies and dressing in. I love the dressing Peanut coconut sauce from Whole Foods. It’s my favorite premade Thai style dressing/sauce.
Once all tossed, you can do one of two things. 1) place it in the fridge and let sit and allow the flavors to all come together or 2) eat it right away. I was starving, so I ate it right away. I topped with a few slices of avocado, sriracha and lime juice. So refreshing on a nice summer day. Not too heavy either and super clean. Some grilled shrimp would be beautiful with this dish.
Prep and cook time 30 mins
• 1 cup of uncooked quinoa (follow directions on bag/box)
• 1/2 a seedless cucumber chopped in quarters
• 6 rainbow baby bells chopped
• 1/4 cup red onion diced
• 2 medium sized tomatoes seeds removed and diced
• 1/2 a small purple cabbage cut in half and sliced
• 1/4 of chopped cilantro
• 8 basil leaves chopped
• 1/2 cup Whole Foods Peanut Coconut sauce or more. Or your favorite Thai style dressing/sauce
• Sliced avocado
• Lime wedges
1) Cook quinoa to direction on bag or box.
2) While quinoa is cooking and cooling,cut up all your veggies and herbs.
3) Toss onions, peppers, onions, cabbage, cucumber, cilantro and basil with the quinoa and dressing.
4) Either place in the fridge until ready to serve or serve right away. Place on a dish and top with avocado and sriracha with a squeeze or lime. Enjoy!