Have you ever wanted a potato salad that was ridiculously quick and easy? One that you can have completed, in the amount of time it takes to grill chicken, or the whole prep and grill time of making burgers? Well look no further then this yummy salad.
So let me back peddle. Spring 6 yrs ago, we were visiting friends in D.C.. We took a day and headed to Annapolis. We came across this cute little oil and vinegar tap room. Season’s Olive Oil & Vinegar Taproom, https://seasonstaproom.com/ There olive oils and vinegars were amazing. We purchased a few bottles of some flavors, and have been purchasing ever since. It’s super easy to order, and at your door step in no time. Highly recommend taking a detour to their site and checking them out.
Now back to the potato salad. Last night we did chicken wings which BTW are amazing!!! Highly recommend this recipe, https://tasty.co/recipe/honey-bbq-chicken-wings . In the amount of time I made these wings I made the potato salad. Since only 3 out of 4 of us were eating the Potato Salad, I made a small batch. It was the perfect size, with some left over.
I cut 4 medium sized Yukon gold potatoes, or yellow potatoes, in 16th’s. I boiled until fork tender. While the potatoes were cooking, I chopped up some fresh herbs, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, chives. Minced a garlic clove, added a little bit of mayo and the rest of our Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar (from Season’s), which was about 1 1/2 Tbsp, maybe a little more. S & P a pinch of chili flakes, cause why not, and whisked in a small amount of olive oil. After I drained the potatoes, I waited for them to cool a bit, until they were just warm. I then placed them in the dressing and folded all the yummy goodness together. Let it then sit until dinner was fully complete. I mean how easy is that?
Note – If you don’t have the Season’s vinegar, you can just use red wine vinegar. But I do highly recommend visiting their site. You just might find your new flavor combo.
Prep time 30 -40 mins
- 4 medium sized Yukon gold or yellow potatoes cut into 16 pieces
- 1-2 Tbsp of fresh herbs of your choice. I used thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano and chives all minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 Tbsp Pinot Noir Season’s wine vinegar or a Red Wine vinegar
- S & P
- A pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Place cut potatoes in a small pot. Cover with cold water add a sprinkle of salt and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes, until fork tender. Once potatoes are cooked drain in a colander. Leave to cool for about 10 mins
- In the bowl you will be serving the potato salad in, whisk the herbs, mayo, garlic, vinegar, S & P, chili flakes and oil together.
- Place the warm potatoes in the bowl, fold all together. Let the flavors marry and serve. Enjoy!
Note – You can make this earlier in the day or the day prior to serving.