Guys this cheesecake is light, airy and loaded with the summer citrus flavor we all enjoy. Definitely a cake you will want to make for entertaining or for the just because. Not a heavy feeling when you eat it, like some cheesecakes, make you feel after consuming them.
I used 12oz of cream and 20oz of goat cheese. I whipped the cheeses together on high speed in my kitchen aid mixer, for 5mins. This is to make the cheese light, airy and full in body.
I added zest of one lime, one lemon and one naval orange into the batter. After I had all the ingredients combine, it baked in the oven for 65mins at 325F. Or bake until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
For the top of the cake I candied oranges, limes and lemons. Now I don’t recommend eating, candied limes. I only made them for the decor on top. Limes when candied taste very bitter and a weird sour in my honest opinion. Making candied citrus is awesome! Not only do you have beautiful tasting citrus fruit as the end result, but you also have citrus simple syrup. Which as we all know, is great for making cocktails.
Prep and Bake Time 5hr 45min
- 1 Cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 20oz Goat Cheese – I used 2 10oz logs
- 12oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- Zest of 1 naval orange, 1 lime and 1 lemon
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 4 eggs at room temperature
Candied Citrus Fruit
- 1 naval orange sliced thinly
- 1 lime sliced thinly
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 2 1/4 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a food processor, mix graham crackers, melted butter and sugar until it looks like sand. In your 9-inch springform pan, press the crumbs in the bottom and bake for 10 mins. When finished, pull out and cool. Try not to burn
- In a standardized mixer or hand held mixer, mix on low speed building up to high speed, Goat cheese, cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla. Once you get up to high speed, stay there for 5 mins.
- Now add you zest and mix a few times around on low speed now
- Blend in the sour cream
- Add eggs one at a time while still blending on low speed. Once all is combine, pour over crust. Bake in the oven for 65-70mins at 325F until cake comes out clean via toothpick.
- While the cake is in the oven, in a sauce pan make your simple syrup for the candied citrus. Combine the water and sugar. Bring to a simmer and make sure all the sugar has dissolved. Once dissolved, add the fruit slices. Cook them in the simple syrup for about 7-10 mins flipping them every now and then.
- While the citrus is cooking in the syrup, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Citrus should be done by now. Remove all citrus and place in a single layer in rows. let cool
- Once cake is complete and out of the oven let cool for about 1hr. When cake first comes out of oven take a knife and loosen around the edge. At the hour mark, place citrus on top in a circular patter. Keep in the springform pan. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 4hrs or over night. Enjoy!