Looking for a different way to have a taco or wedge salad? Both are classic salads, that I combine into one. I took your iceberg lettuce and cut it into wedges. Topped with some taco seasoned shrimped, grilled corn black beans, bell pepper, guacamole, feta cheese (since I was out of cotija) Doritos and ranch dressing, with a lime wedge. I mean you can’t get any simpler then this and all together takes about 15 mins to make.
I took the tail and vein out of the shrimp. and tossed in taco seasoning. I heated oil in the sauté pan and threw the shrimp in. After getting the cooked on one side I flipped them and then deglazed with tequila and a splash of lime juice.
Prep and serve time 15-20 mins
- 1 head of iceberg
- 12 shrimp – raw, tail off and deveined
- 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 10 cherry tomato’s cut in half
- 1 grilled ear of corn
- 1/2 cup of drained black beans
- sprinkle of cotija or feta cheese
- handful of crushed doritos
- ranch dressing
- lime wedge
- Take your deveined and tail off shrimp and place in a bowl, sprinkle the taco seasoning and mix with the shrimp. I a skillet, heat on medium high heat. Drizzle some olive oil, and let it get hot. Place our shrimp in the pan and spread out. Cook for about 2 mins, and then flip. After you flip, add the tequila, lime and deglaze. Cook another 2-3 mins. and turn off heat.
- Get a plate out. Cut your iceberg in to quarters, and place on the plates
- Top with all your toppings leaving the shrimp for the last after the ranch dressing. Squeeze with lime and you’re ready to eat. Enjoy!