I was looking for something clean to eat today. Trying to do some sort of Covid cleans since the Covid gain. I’m sure most of you know what I’m talking about. I was also looking to do a clean out of food in the house. So here is what I came up with
I took our last sweet potato and sliced it. Laid it on a baking sheet. Drizzled with a little Olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. I baked at 400 for 15-20 mins until tented.
While the sweet potatoes were in the oven cooking, I took our last ear of corn. Notice how I keep saying our last? It really is a clean out day. Cut all the kernels off slices up half a jalapeño and sautéed over medium heat until just barely cooked through.
I took a can of tuna placed in a bowl and separated the meat up with a fork.
I had leftover black beans with taco seasoning, about 1/2 cup leftover. I added those and half an avocado cubed, the corn with the jalapeño to the tuna. I then added a few shakes of the Seasons habanero agave vinegar, a touch of salt a crack of pepper and mixed
I put two slices of sweet potato on a plate and loaded up the tuna salad on top. Cut up some cherry tomatoes a lime wedge and some cilantro on top. Very fresh and super healthy.
Prep / Cook time 30 mins tops
• 1 sweet potato slices 1/4 inch thick into discs.
• olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 1 can of tuna – in water no salt added
• 1 ear of corn – Kernels removed
• 1/2 jalapeño sliced
• 1/2 cup of black beans in taco seasoning (recipe below)
• 1/2 avocado sliced into cubes
• seasons habanero agave vinegar- or just lime juice and honey with hot sauce
• 1 lime cut into wedges
• cherry tomatoes a couple
1. Set oven to 400F. Slice your sweet potato’s drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until tender with a fork.
2. Cut your ear of corn and jalapeño. Sauté over medium heat with a touch of olive oil, until just warmed through.
3. In a bowl break up the well drained tuna. Add your seasoned black beans, avocado and cooked corn with jalapeño. Add a pinch of salt some cracked pepper and a few shakes of the habanero agave vinegar and a squeeze of lime juice. Mix all together.
4. Take sweet potato’s out of the oven. Let cool for a couple of mins. Place on a plate and top with the Santa Fe Tuna Salad. Add some ripped up cilantro on top, some cherry tomatoes on the side and a lime wedge to squeeze all over, to add that extra brightness when eating. ENJOY!
Taco seasoned black beans
• 1 can of no sodium black beans
• 1 Tbsp taco seasoning of your choice
• 1 lime zested and juiced
• 1 garlic clove minced
1. Combine all the ingredients above in a sauce pot. Fill a little bit of water in the black bean can you get out any excess beans and pour into the pot. No more the 1/4 cup. Also do not drain the beans. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until there is a small amount of liquid left in the pot.
Note – let cool and place in the fridge to add to dishes, such as the recipe above. You can also use them as a side for taco night. Or making black bean enchiladas.