Remember I said a while back, that I love cooking with peaches? Well here is another recipe. I really do love cooking with peaches. I first created this dish last summer. It was yet again – We have fruits and veggies to use, before going bad – situation. It’s pretty much my take on Peaches & Cream. It’s creamy, sweet and savory all in one bite. Topped with burrata and grilled baguette on the side.
First you’re going to slice up your produce, and place in separate bowls or piles. So that is one large shallot thinly sliced. Two ears of corn cut off the ear. One large peach, does not have be ripe. Skin removed from the peach and chopped into cubes.
You’re going to take close to a tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Place your shallots with some chili flakes and start to sauté until they start to become soft. Do NOT caramelize them. Throw your corn in the pan and cook for a few minutes. Once the corn has cooked for a couple of minutes, you can now add your peaches. You’re going to cook until peaches start to cook down, but not too much. You want them to release their juices, and caramelize a little bit. Add some chopped up basil with some white wine to deglaze and getting up all that yummy caramelized bottom. Cook about a 1-2 minutes until wine is cooked off and absorbed.
Now the fun part. Remove 2/3rds of the mixture, into a blender/food processor. You’re going to blend until almost smooth. Once finished that part, you can add back into the pan. Mix with the whole mixture so its all combine, and reheat a bit.
Prep to serve 40 mins
Serves 2 – 4
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 large peach skin removed and cut into 1/4 inch cubes – does not have to be ripe
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- hand full of basil leaves divided 2/3 for mixture 1/3 for garnish
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- olive oil – a drizzle
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Grilled baguette – recipe to follow
- In a saute pan over medium high heat, drizzle some olive oil and heat up. Add your sliced shallots and chili flakes. Sauté until just soft but not caramelized.
- Now add your corn with a pinch of salt and some cracked pepper. Cook it a bit, until you start to hear it popping. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peaches and cook until soft but not too soft, and until they start to caramelize a bit.
- Add 2/3rds of the chopped basil 1/4 cup of white wine to deglaze the pan. Make sure you scrape up all that yummy caramelization on the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off heat. Remove 2/3rds of the mixture and place in a food processor/ blender. Blend the mixture until almost smooth.
- Add back into the pan with the other part of the mixture. Combine the two textures and reheat a bit. Place in a dish and top with the burrata. Drizzle a bit of olive oil, sprinkle the rest of the basil, a pinch of salt and a good amount of cracked black pepper. Serve with grilled baguette. ENJOY!
- 1 baguette sliced in half and cut into sections
- garlic clove
- olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat your grill or oven to broiler setting
- Brush olive oil on baguette on the bread side not the crust side, and sprinkle with salt
- Lay bread side down on grill. Lay crust side down on sheet pan for oven. Cook until char marks show. No longer then a 1-2 minutes. It will toast up fast
- Once off grill or out of the oven, take the clove of garlic and rub it on the grilled part. Serve and ENJOY!