Figs are in season! I love fresh figs. They are dense and sweet and a little jammy tasting. A perfect fruit to pair with a creamy cheese spread. This is a great appetizer for either a brunch or a light afternoon snack.
I’m really into whipped cheese these days. There is something about making an already creamy cheese into an even creamier cheese. The silky smooth texture is like nothing else.
What I did was I whipped ricotta, goat cheese, garlic, rosemary along with some salt and pepper in a food processor. I then placed it down, added some quartered fresh figs, with a drizzle of honey. Honestly you can’t get any easier then this. And you will impress your family/crowd.
Prep 10 mins
• 1 1/2 cups ricotta
• 3/4 cup goat cheese
• 2 sprigs of rosemary leaves removed. About 1 Tbsp
• 1 large cloves of gsrlic
• salt and pepper
• Figs 1/4 about 4-5
• drizzle of honey
• crackers and or baguette to spread on
1) In a food processor combine the first 5 ingredients. Blend until completely smooth and silky.
2) place on a dish or with cheese on a board.
3) Cut up the figs into quarters, and place them on top of the whipped cheese or on beside. Now drizzle with honey. Spread a the cheese on a cracker or on a baguette top with a fig. ENJOY!