I am so excited to share with you these Chinese Five Spice Pork Chops. A quick and easy marinade, that take no time at all to prepare. Pour marinade over the chops, and in the fridge for 4-8hrs or over night if you prefer. The longer they marinate, the better they turn out. Grill the chops over medium heat on the grill, nice and slow, but with a nice sear. You want the meat to come off at 145F – 150F, which is medium rare and the perfect temperature since they will continue to cook for a bit while you let them rest and absorb the juices. These chops are a BIG hit, even with our son who is a picky eater.
Prepare time 4-8hrs or over night
Cooking time 10-15mins
Serves – 4
• 4 Thick Cut Bone-in Pork Chops
• 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
• 1 Tbsp Chinese Five Spice
• 1/4 tsp Korean Chili Flakes or Regular Chili Flakes work as well
• 2 Tbsp Bragga Liquid Amino’s Soy Sauce (if using regular soy sauce cut in half and only use 1 Tbsp)
• 1/2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
• 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1) In a bowl combine Brown sugar through to Sesame Oil, and stir until a liquid paste form. Take a out either a casserole dish where all the Pork chops and lay flat or a large ziplock bag. Pat the Pork Chops dry and place in dish or bag. Pour the marinade over the Chops and make sure every inch is covered. Close bag or cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge at least 4-8hrs and up to overnight.
2) Take out of fridge and bring to romp temperature, at least 20-30mins. Turn grill on to Medium High. Since the oil is Sesame Oil, it has a high smoke point, so be careful as it will go up in flames. Place the Pork Chops on the grill carefully, turn n heat to medium on the grill and cook the Chops 2-3mins per side on the grill. Once internal temperature reaches 145F – 150F, remove the meat and let rest for 5-8mins. Cut into these beautiful, flavorful Pork Chops and ENJOY!